RE: IML: Breaking Free '56 Rear Hubs

An Oxy/Acetylene torch and a big hammer :-)

-----Original Message-----
JCantor791@xxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 2:29 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Breaking Free '56 Rear Hubs

For the past week and a half I have been attempting to pull the read
drums/hubs off of my '56 sedan.  I have the requisite hub puller and have
been turning
it a few degrees every day or two.  In addition, I've been applying liberal
amounts of Liquid Wrench along with a few doses of heat with a propane
torch.
So far the only thing that has broken is the wheel nut that the puller was
acting against (not enough room to unthread the nut without it extending it
beyond the end of the axle shaft).  Thankfully I have some spare nuts.

Any suggestions as to what more I need to do to get this thing free?

Jeff
'56 Sedan
Trenton, NJ