Re: IML: 58 Sales Strip Show

Hugh,

the club is ALWAYS on the prowl for new material, and
thank you very much for your generous offer to loan
it.

Please contact me off-list and I'll help you get
connected to the fellow club-member that can make this
thing a reality.

1958 had very few things to put it ahead of the
beloved 1960 models, but one thing that it DID have
going for it was the movie that Tom McCahill made
where he did a rigorous comparo that pitted the full
Chrysler line (including Imperial) against those other
guys' cars.  I'm sure that you've seen it - the one
where at the end the Cadillac gets so bent out of
shape that the door pops open when they are driving
through the whoop-de-do's?

Anyway, we now have a copy of that film and are hoping
to add it to the 1958 page in the coming months
(there's a big pile o stuff to do, so it's not coming
right away).  When it gets done, we'll announce it
here.  Every dog has his day, and that one was
definitely a bright spot for Imperial and Tom
McCahill.

-Kenyon