RE: IML: An old question - reviving the Imperial

RE: IML: An old question - reviving the Imperial

Mornin' all:

Isn't DC the company that builds the Maybach?

Wouldn't it be righteous if DC built the 21st Century Imperial with styling cues from her storied past, throw in all the state of the art performance & safety mechanicals and engineering excellence DC is known for, AND build in quality & craftsmanship such that the Imperial is marketed somewhere FAR south of the Maybach price (but with luxury appointments similar to Maybach) but priced either right at or just above the 300C (price differentiation significant enough to help prevent cannibalising sales from the 300C since performance will be the same)?

I am not talking about a $90,000 extended-wheel-base Passat that Volkswagen is trying to pass of as the "Phaeton."  Sidebar:  I guess VW has forgotten what a phaeton automobile really is....I am talking about a 1st class automobile differentiated from its stable mates in styling, performance, build-quality, and price.

And unless DC really messed with styling or put the price in the stratosphere, I would be the first in Dallas to sign up for one.

Does anyone on the list have any contacts in the Design Department at DC?  Maybe one could put a bug in their ear....

Imperially dreaming in Allen, Texas.