Re: IML: 413 block leak

From: Kenyon Wills <imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx>
snip
The 440 is normally an almost direct replacement. It is almost the same thign and most holes are the same. Since I have not done a swap myself, I can't say if all of the accessories will fit the same or need adaptation. A 440 is not, however, the 413. Should you swap? Nobody will know but you and people that know how (and care to) count the number of bolts on your valve covers. I personally like the feel of a 413, but that's splitting hairs - they are both effective engines, and dropping in a workable 440 might be an efficient path out of your plight.

Don't the heads from a 413 bolt right up to a 440? I thought you could swap heads from one to the other. In that case even valve cover bolt counters would be fooled.