Re: IML: 57 to 73 interior mass question

Re: IML: 57 to 73 interior mass question

--- johan C wildhagen <johancwildhagen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
are in a class of there own and the post 73 models
.....well.........never did appeal to me, although I'd
never kick one out of my driveway.

Gee, Johan, don't limit yourself on those '74 and '75
Imperials, or the '81-'83 and '90-'93.  ;o)

I've had the opportunity to drive or ride in every
single year of Imperials from 1954 through 1993, and I
would count the '74 and '75 seats as possibly the most
comfortable of any of those years.  The "floating
cushion" design used in those years (and the '76-'78
NYBs) is really remarkable -- it almost molds itself
to you, while still providing good support.

Of course, I think all years have their fine points,
and a discussion like this will naturally be
subjective.  But I really do think the seats of the
'74-75 Imperials are a "cut above" in comfort.  The
'81 Imperial uses a similar seating design
(unfortunately not continued for '82 and '83).

The "bucket" seats used in the '72-'73 Imperial two
door hardtops are also miiiiiighty nice.

Of course, it's hard to match the style and pinache of
some of the late '50s and early '60s interiors.  And I
think the '66 LeBaron interiors are a work of art!

So . . . I'll just take one of each, please.  ;o)

Elijah (so many Imperials, so little garage space)

http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/
http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/bookshelf.htm
1965 Imperial LeBaron
1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan