IML: Road Trip

19 the number of years in storage
2 the number of years to bring out of storage
4 the number of states the car was stored in
1119 the number of miles driven
102.06 the number of gallons of gas
1 the number of quarts of oil
Too many stares and thumbs up to list
Lots of remarks and ¡¥I had one just like that but it was a 67 corvette!¡¦

Got to tell you folks that was a heck of a ride!

It was a great trip! The Imperial likes to get out and go and the more it went the better she got. Solid and smooth! I guess most of you folks know that hydroplaning isn¡¦t an issue with 5,000 lbs holding you on the road ?º.

Other than the drenching rain as we left North Carolina Sunday evening the weather was just what we wanted! The top came down in Birmingham and didn¡¦t go back up until we stopped for dinner in Monroe, LA. Came out of the restaurant and one of the employee¡¦s looking at the car told her co-worker it was either a 67 or 68. I¡¦d say she was either a good guesser or she knew something about Imperials!

Spent the night in Shreveport and won $15 to help defray the cost of gas!

Thanks to all who gave great advice! Thanks to Jay King in Meridian for coming out to meet us and offering his assistance if any was needed. And thanks to all that responded with offers to assist if I needed it.

The folks at work keep asking me where it is, but I tell them she¡¦s too hideous to bring her out until I have time to wash the 1100 miles of bugs and shine her up a bit. Guess I¡¦ll go do that now.

Hope to meet a lot of you folks down the road at different points. I¡¦ll need a lot of tips to keep this beauty rolling.