Cc: "Rob Kidd" <rlkidd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2005 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Brakes Locking up while driving

I have had a car that the brakes would drag, I loosened the master cylinder at the booster and it had a push rod that was adjustable. Turn that adjustable push rod inward ( if it has it some don't) about a turn- it shouldn't take much. Sometimes static pressure or vaccum from your booster may be slightly applying master cylinder engagement. Rob Kidd 61/65
----- Original Message ----- From: HavADope@xxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2005 6:15 PM
Subject: IML: Brakes Locking up while driving

Hi everyone, I have a problem I hope someone can help me with. About 3 years ago I rebuilt my whole brake system except the booster. Everything new except the Master Cylinder which I rebuilt.Everytime I would drive it a wheel or several wheels would lock up and smoke while going down the road. I kept thinking the wheels were dragging and loosened them all. Nope- It proved to be the compensation port on the Master cylinder not letting the fluid come back into the MC. I put a new one on, replaced all the wheel cylinders, since the heat had liquified all the rubber dust boots, and problem seemed to be solved. Now all this was done while still not having a working booster. I took some folks advice and placed a dual MC on the car and took the booster apart to see if I could fix it. I cleaned all the old grease out w/ an SOS pad and lightly greased it and voila it works.
NOW when I drive or even let the car idle at higher speeds ALL the wheels lock up. This only seems to happen with the booster connected. I leave it set and the air will bleed off and she'll move again. I know there is an issue with the booster, but I was hoping to find out WHAT. Can I adjust it or its positioning, or is it just bad inside? I have the oval canister type.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Marc
P.S.
I swear I just got back from removing my car out of my neighbors yard. I was out working on her and the brakes locked up again as I was pulling her in the drive way. when I stopped and pulled the key, I forgot to apply the Emerg. Brake, and she didn't roll backwards, so... my neighbor came and knocked on the door as I was typing this e-mail and told me get it... My Heart is Still racing!!!! I imagined the worst. just a light scratch on the bumper... Whew!!