From: "Rob P"
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 12:13 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Old Imperial hits Kia, comes off the worst

I'm sure D2 didn't mean to single anyone out. Proper training and technique
can certainly help avoid accidents, but by no means can it eliminate them.
The notion that we all need driver training is a good one. We should all
attempt a few near panic stops on a clear roadway or parking lot to make
sure that we know how the car will respond. DO the first one at a low speed
and work up until you are comfortable with how it behaves. Try it again
sometime on a wet roadway. This is important for everyone, those of us that
drive our Imperials every day may have some idea of how well they stop, but
I know how difficult it can be to go from a modern light weight high
perfromance 4 disc abs car to an older Imperial.

Rob