IML: Convertible top cleaning

Chris:

I've had several white tops on convertibles.  I used Westley's Bleche White and a nylon (not brass bristled) whitewall brush to clean mine.  However, BIG CAUTION HERE, I taped plastic drop cloths to the chrome on the body just below the top.  Whitewall cleaner will discolor the paint no matter what kind it is.  Wet the top first and flush with plenty of water.

Bob

"Chris "Creesto" Lynch" <creesto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Need some informed advice: I have a white canvas convertible top that has
been outside too much. It is off-color and about 10 years old. Anyone have
good experience with whitening such a top? Obviously don't want to weaken
the fibers, but would sure like to whiten it up if possible. Maybe shoe
polish? <>