Re: IML: Interior floor coating

On my 60 New Yorker I used roofing tar, then installed
a layer of heavy felt over that.  Not only does the
tar mimic the original soundproofing, but it forms a
waterproof barrier, too.

A friend is doing a similar car and had the brilliant
idea to use spray-on truck bed liner material.  This
same stuff is also being used inside his doors to
prevent rust and offer more sound deadening.   This
stuff would work best in multiple layers.

On top of the tar & felt on the car floors I also put
two layers of 1/2" foil backed insulation.  It's about
$20/roll at Pep Boys.  Works well.  Your car WILL be
quiet!  And don't forget to do the wheel wells and the
area over the rear axle.

Happy motoring

Chris H.

66 LeBaron