Re: IML: How to ruin your day, hurt your Imperial, and other Bad Things

Re: IML: How to ruin your day, hurt your Imperial, and other Bad Things by Jason

I would like to add my experience on this subject, we are humans and we were all created equal , this accident could have happened to anyone of us.

back in the early 90's I owned a 82 new-yorker, that I bought used, I replaced all brakes and they had worked just like new, but after spending all that money on the brakes and a new radiator for the car I couldn't afford to buy new tires for the car the old tires showed that the car needed alignment. on one dry morning I was driving the car to work a dog was chasing an oncoming car when that car ran over the dog the driver quickly changed over into my lane, so I steered to my right in to a shallow ditch, after the oncoming car passed by my, I kept my cars momentum going as (I was afraid my low to the ground car would bottom out on the edge of the road.).
I whip the steering wheel to my left and mashed the gas a little my car came up out of the ditch ( and I felt the floor of my car hit the edge of the road) I immediately realized that I had over-steered and the rear of the car had started to come around so I corrected and by that time all 4 tire had lost all traction, I tried to steer ahead and press the brakes, and repeat braking to help slow the car down, but with what was going on (witch happened all in a split second). my car slid sideways across a gravel drive way, but as soon I cleared the driveway entrance my car stopped! when it hit a 8x8 corner fence post, just at ground level. my car shoved the post 2 inches , but no real damage to anyones property, just some gravel all over the road, but my car was total loss , bent the frame like a horse shoe , and busted the windshield and both front and rear door glass, I'm not blaming it on tires or anything but new tires could have helped.

I have had offensive driving training , but when one gets caught up in something like this .one forgets or just doesn't have much time to react correctly as one would think.

weather or not you are the victim of a traffic accident  I can feel your pain for the damage to your car, but alway be thankful that you are still here and can continue to go on with life.

Jason Wulf <jrwulf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey, all.

My tires didn't screech, so much as they just locked up and slid on
some oily pavement. There were no marks on the road or anything. The
ABS works fabulously well in my car, and it's saved me more than once
from a dog or pedestrian in the middle of the street at night.

Also right is that I'm driving a 'modern' car (even at 15 years old!)
and as such, less steel and more plastic. The bumper I pulled for my
car I can barely lift, so I'd wager that if I'd hit her more on my
bumper and less on my grille, I'd have come out only needing some
chrome polish for the bumper...

I'll end with another quick question...

I'm wondering whether I should get a single-stage paint for this, or
if I should do seperate color and clear coats on the parts. The hood
I pulled is peeling, BADLY, and it doesn't seem to have a seperate
clear coat on top of the paint from the thickness and look...

-Jason