IML: 1960 Brake update.

First off I want to thank everyone who offered up some advice on my brake saga. As always it's something so simple, yet can consume so much time. Kenyon offered to come up and give me a hand on the brakes. I finally accepted. As a last ditch effort I crawled back under her and started checking everything AGAIN for the 100th time. Guess what- There it is - All the adjusting cams were adjusted so the brakes were within a fraction of an inch from touching the drums. The only problem is they were all adjusted in the wrong direction. The front 4 and the front 2 on the rear are self energized and need to be adjusted in the direction of the wheel going forward, while the back 2 on the rears need to be adjusted in the opposite direction. I feel soooooo Stupid. I turned all of them in the right direction, right to where they needed to be. Clammered out from underneath her and Voila' pedal now only travels maybe halfway at the most with the booster connected. Very comparible to a modern day car. Heck the wife can even drive her now.
I am so elated, and yet very irritated at myself for taken them all in the wrong direction. Not 1 or 2, but all of them. I was able to catch Kenyon about five miles from his house. So I saved the Saturday for both of us. Thanks Kenyon, and thank all of you on the list.
Marc Lamp
1960 4drht.