IML: Imperial Club News

It's been awhile since we mentioned much here on the
list, and we have added many new club members
recently, so I'd like to point out a few things that
are going on with the website.

This isn't really new information, but maybe as with
reruns, if you haven't seen it yet, it'll be new to
you.....

Behind the scenes:
The IML has two sub-set volunteer groups:

1.  Webmonsters - this is the group of volunteers that
gathers, scans, formats, posts, and maintains the
information on the website, in addition to fielding
both serious and crackpot questions sent in by the
public using the "contact us" buttons.  -The people
asking technical questions about manual transmissions
for Chevy Luv pickup trucks are generally the most
entertaining....

We are currently working on Service Manuals and MTSC
booklets and are always interested in meeting people
with experience or inclination to do graphics work on
a volunteer basis.  You get to see some really cool
material.  All software is free, and we have a support
group.  This isn't very difficult, so if you are
interested, please write into the webmonsters!

The materials that we're doing right now bear mention,
as they're a big help if you want to learn about your
car.  Remember that the MTSC manuals are very broad,
and there may be one several years forward or backward
from your car that applies:

http://imperialclub.com/Repair/Lit/index.htm

The front page of the club has oval buttons at the
bottom of the page, and the WHAT'S NEW one can offer
some really nice, random reading if you don't want to
float all over the place.

Another page that's worth mention is the ARTICLES
page.  I counted awhile back, and we're coming up on
250 (!!!) articles specific to the Imperial.  There's
some mighty good reading in there.

http://imperialclub.com/Articles/index.htm

I mentioned this one once, but if you didn't read it,
it's one of the better summaries of Imperial history,
and it's not too long (well, it's not a book, anyway):

http://imperialclub.com/Articles/Apr83AutoQuar/index.htm

Behind the scenes (continued)
section of the website, these folks take care of it
and try to keep things focused on the straight and
finned.  The Admin folks are always open to
commentary, both positive or not about what's going
in, so write in if you have an itch that needs
scratching.  Contact address is at the bottom of most
IML generated emails.

How can one help the club?
--------------------------------
If you have printed material pertaining to Imperial
that we don't have up or time to work on getting
printed material up on the site, we are always
interested in adding to our (your) library, and always
welcome donations of material or energy, especially if
you know how to do rudimentary web-page design.

Every yearly page has a section at the bottom
dedicated to AUTOBIOGRAPHIES.  This is a place where
we offer you a free web page for each car that you
have.  Is YOUR car up there?  If not, whatcha waitin
for???  Write something up and get some photos and
we'll take care of the rest.

Please feel free to write in using the CONTACT US
buttons on the club website or at the bottom of most
IML-generated messages.  We are always happy to hear
from you.

Thanks to all involved that make this place a nice
place to visit and be involved in!!!!

Kenyon
-On behalf of the crew that works behind the scenes.