Re: IML: Painting 1960 LeBaron....color poll Dawn Mauve???

Re: IML: Painting 1960 LeBaron....color poll Dawn Mauve???

I really like Moonstone blue.  My pale blue parts LeBaron had the tri-tone fully coordinated turqouise/metallic teal interior.  If I did Moonstone I would have to have that fabulous interior to go with it.  Unfortunately I don't.  If I were going to order a LeBaron new in 1960 it would definately be Moonstone with the matching interior.  It is a color you just never see.

I do have all the chrome off the LeBaron, including the roof stainless.  That, and the dirt that black attracts, made me consider a color change.  If anyone saw the '61 LeBaron at Chryslers at Carlisle last year it was a pretty amazing color.  Called Cinnamon poly the car shows up in the IML events page.  Wish I could find some true samples of that color, help?  Unless someone really talks me into black I am really considering the cinamon.   With black I could probably get away with just repainting the doorjambs and underside of trunk lid leaving the engine compartment alone.  Basically the car is exactly as shown in the brochure.  Right down to the autronic eye.  Don't know if a non-original color would decrease eventual resale value?  People always ask if my cars are original black cars, like it is the best color ever.  I certainly like black with chrome but am ready for something different on my "driver".

RandalPark@xxxxxxx wrote:
Dave in the U.K. has a Powdered Bronze one also. Years ago, I saw a '60 LeBaron Sedan in Dawn Mauve. I didn't see the interior, but white would go beautifully with that. I also saw a great one in Moonstone Blue. They are quite stunning in light colors, but necessarily in other colors that look the best on a Southampton. With a white interior you could go with just about anything.

Paul W.