Re: IML: '68 Convertible on Ebay

I know with lesser makes a/c was unusual in a convertible. Did 97% of Imperial convertibles have a/c?

From: "Bill Watson" <wwatson5@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: '68 Convertible on Ebay
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:05:44 -0700

Believe it or not, but air conditioning was a $493 option in 1968. And of
the 15,361 Imperials built that year, 2.8% (about 430) were not ordered with
A/C. So it is a rare version of a rare car.

And, stranger yet, 2.2% of the buyers (338) did not fork out for whitewall
tires and 0.6% (92) did not order a radio.   One day we might come across
one of these 'stripper' Imperials - no A/C, no whitewalls and no radio.

Bill
Vancouver, BC

> This one does NOT have air conditioning. I don't think I have ever seen a
'68 w/o a/c. Seller says that it never had it.