Re: IML: rocker shaft clearance

If in doubt, throw em out. Your fsm should give a dimension on it, it may give a wear allowance or not I dont recall offhand. B/RB rocker shafts are dime a dozen cheap since they interchange completely. The lifter MAY take up the slack, but you only have a limited amount of travel inside the lifter body for the plunger to use.

If you do replace them note carefully the orientation of the rockers as you remove them..they are left and right and the difference can be easily overlooked. The other thing that is CRITICAL is to orient the oiling holes in the shaft correctly with the head and rocker arms. Its easiest to take them off the heads, then take ONE shaft assembly apart and lay the rockers out the way they come off the shaft, and then just slide them on the new shaft.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe