Re: IML: Big Block Red Hot Manifolds

Mike,

I tend to think a defective or clogged catalyst is behind this, but that
usually accompanies a car being way down on power. Does your car have a cat?

Coolant temperature is not likely the cause. Your coolant won't get much
hotter than 250F, whereas your combustion occurs at 2,400F or so. And I'd
think super-lean running would not be smooth at idle.

Check downstream first... And start with the cat. Let us know, please!

Chris in LA
78 NYB Salon (400 w/cat)