IML: More new vs old style alternators again

IML: More new vs old style alternators again

Further inspection reveals I should have dusted this thing off better
before I put it on.

To the right of the disc shape in the center of the alternator is a screw,
and next to the screw is a slot in the case, and next to that are the
letters "GRD".  Like maybe once upon a time there was a blade connector
where the slot is now?  It looks like maybe the alternator has been apart
at one time based on the condition of the screws holding the case halves
together.

There is nothing attached at the screw or the slot, nor is there a wire or
connector present that looks like it should go there.  That makes sense,
since the wiring is set up for the old style alternator and voltage
regulator.

So I have the letters "BAT" at one connector, "FLD" at another and "GRD"
with nothing hooked up.  New style alternator for sure but missing the
blade connector?

Thanks,

David