Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2005 8:51 PM
Subject: IML: 60 on Hemmings Cover???

Henry wrote:

. . . my 60 Imperial is on the cover of the July Hemmings Motor News with an accompanying article on 60 to 63 Imperials.

I guess IML folks don't buy or subscribe to Hemmings.  I expected there would be quite of few reactions ranging from "Way to go!" to positive and/or negative opinions about the article to "How did you get your car on the cover?" and "Can I do that?" and "How?" etc.

I thought getting the word out about what great cars Imperials are would be of interest.  Ah well, I sure got a big kick out of it.

I reply:

I don't subscribe to Hemmings.  I thought it was a kind of brown cover magazine.  I didn't even know they had pictures on the front.  I imagine you announced it to the list - I certainly would have - but these days I only read the smallest fraction of IML postings, due to lack of time, etc, etc.

Having said that, getting your car on the cover is certainly a big deal.  I mean, WOW!!!

How did it come to pass that your car ended up on the cover?  What was the procedure like?  How much effort did you put into preparing your car?

Hugh