Re: IML: 8 track in a 59? How 'bout HiWay HiFi?

Re: IML: 8 track in a 59? How 'bout HiWay HiFi?

The only thing that you might want to seek out, if you want it to be original, would be a HiWay HiFi. It came out with 1956 models. That was the only option, other than the AM radio available for a '59 Imperial. It works with the radio, as it uses the radio as an amplifier, anbd plays through the radio speakers.

The first HiWay HiFi played special records at 16 RPM. Later ones played 45 RPM and would be more usable. Niether is very practical, but both are fun. They are expensive and hard to find. These days I believe a working HiWay HiFi would fetch around $800.00 or more.

I think that the '59 style played 45 RPM. How cool is that???

Paul W.