From: "Tim Hulse" <thulse2@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Re: IML: Windshield installation
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 22:45:48 -0700

Well you guys sure took the fun out of that one. But thats why I asked. I will make some calls over the next few days and see what comes up.

Thanks
Tim
56 2-dr southampton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Casagrande" <rdc2382@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 6:33 PM
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] Re: IML: Windshield installation

I went to a collision shop that worked with classic cars to get my
windshield "opened" to remove the dash pad on my '55 Newport and replaced.
It was a $200 experience for me. I even helped the guy do it. I'm not sure
I'll go that route when I reinstall the dash pad.

Roger

----- Original Message ----- From: "Elijah Scott" <imperial1971@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Windshield installation

--- Brad Hogg <luxoliner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> My advice is, call your glass guy and fork over $100
> to have him install the thing.

I agree with Brad (except I hope that's $100
Canadian!).

I had the windshield replaced in my '71 Imperial a few
years ago with a nice piece of used glass from Murray
Park (thanks Murray!).  The glass guy came to my
house, removed the old glass (and disposed of it), and
installed the new glass in less than an hour and for
$50.

He made it look easy.  And he made it look easy enough
that I KNEW it wouldn't be that easy for me.

This is a service that's well worth paying for.

Thanks,

Elijah

http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/
http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/bookshelf.htm