Re: IML: DAS Transporation dissatisfaction /REPY

Re: IML: DAS Transporation dissatisfaction /REPY

Dear Javier:  Thank for your comments on vehicle transportation. I am new to the Imperial Club and have enjoyed the numerous e-mails on Imperials from many of the Club members. I purchased a 1955 Imperial Sedan from a gentleman in Pueblo CO in May of this year and had DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) transport my car to my home in Danville, California.  Due to the quality of my 1955 Imperial Sedan, I purchased their premium package for my car which included enclosed transportation and door-to-door service. On arrival, my car was completely covered in dirt and road dust so that I was unable to find all of the damaged areas at time of drop off.  The damage to my car was to the interior and two sections of the exterior. On placing a claim to DAS, they ignored it for the first two weeks and they also ignored my request to meet the appraiser at my car so that I would have been able to point out all of the damage areas to him.  After nine weeks the company has still not offered to repair my car to its original condition. Their offer was made based on their appraiser's incomplete report which was by my technical peoples' opinions about $1005.00, too low to correct the damages. I have written both the CEO and President of the company (with enclosed pictures of the damages) and both have stonewalled me. How then may I pursue my claim and to whom do I contact in the State of Texas (DAS' home state - Insurance Commissioner, Attorney General's Office) or do I  pursue my claim on a Federal level with  the Federal Trade Commission in Washington D.C.?)
.
Any thoughts or comments from the membership would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking all of you in advance for whatever help, comments, and input you may provide me.
Bill H.