IML: Need advise on Trunk that won't stay open

IML: Need advise on Trunk that won't stay open

     I have a 57 Imperial and the trunk won't stay open. In fact it is very hard to open all they way. It has a torsion bar trunk opener. There is a little clip that holds the 2 bars together, and mine seems to be missing this.
     1st how do I fix this so it opens and stays up. I looks and the bars are both in the #2 hole in the trunk (out of 4). Any ideas so I can get this fixed?
Thanks
Charles in Calif.