IML: 39 Custom Imperial C24 Detour

Greetings:
     The rear spring saga continues!  I've received the two rear springs
from Betts Springs in San Leandro, CA and am
completely satisfied with their quality.   I'm also impressed with their
friendly professional staff and four day delivery.

     Unfortunately, I am reminded of Peggy
Lee & her singing "Detour".  "There's a muddy road ahead. Should'a read
that detour sign!"  .......  I ordered the spring shackles & bushing's
from Rare Parts, Stockton, CA and received what may be
for a lesser automobile. Definitely not for the C24. I've yet to
determine the thread size on the shackles & bushing's. The lower bushing
on the left shackle is a left hand thread & no where is that mentioned
in the 39 manual or the Chilton & Motor's
manuals I have. Although I have the P/N's
for the parts, the number is not stamped on the parts.

      The Hollander interchange shows the
springs to fit the 37, 38, & 39 Custom
Imperials. Upper bushing P/N's are
640078  for both left & right sides. The
lower right side is also 640078. The lower left side which is a left
hand thread is
P/N 668480.

     I'd be interested and thankful for any leads, where the parts may
be available.
Is there a Chrys. Corp. contact for the specs?

Please reply to    jcmartin@xxxxxxxxx

That's all folks
Jim

  http://www.imperialclub.com/yr/1939/limo/martin/index.htm