RE: IML: Spun Bearing - in block cure?

Thanks - yes, it is a $900 car at this point, with
many other items needing attention as well, so not
deserving of the full treatment - for now.

Add in that my car budget is pointed elsewhere and
that I mainly want the car to drive and move under
it's own power so that I can shuffle vehicles around
until I can redo the body and interior.

I plan to go after that journal with atf and
emerycloth  in the next few days so that I can
re-assemble and reinstall.

-Kenyon

--- "Steve B." <imperial59@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I have a 1962 that has an awful knocking sound.
> It was run
> > for less than 2 minutes on this condition by me,
> but came to
> > me this way.  PO said it ran "fine"
> > but a bad starter prevented me from hearing the
> sound when
> > transacting the deal.
>

> Well you already know the perfect way to do it
> but...
>
> as long as there aren't any rough edges to score the
> new bearing you should
> be fine just to polish it up and put it back
> together with new bearings.  I
> would go ahead and replace all the bearings while
> you are in there.  That's
> not the recommended way to repair it but will
> probably be fine for a "$900
> Imperial"
>
>                           Steve B.
>
> --