Re: IML: Spun Bearing - in block cure Why?

Re: IML: Spun Bearing - in block cure Why?

I am curious about the same thing.

I once knew of a case where something similar happened because the engine was "over-reved" while standing still in neutral. I think that this could happen if the car was operated at WOT for an extended period of time, although I haven't heard of that happening to a low miles Imperial. Running it after an "oil change" where someone forgot to put in the oil is another possibility.

I can't know without seeing it, but based on the description of what has happened, I'd say that if it ran for two minutes, that was probably too long to save it. This becomes especially true considering that one of the above may have caused it in the first place.

Paul W.