IML: Please Welcome Erich Wagner

New Subscriber(s): Erich Wagner
Email Address is: ewagner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Member Location: Hamburg Germany

Car(s) owned: 67 Convertible gold

Self-Introduction: I've always been close to US cars since I was an exchange
student in California back in 1967. My host parents had a 1967 New Yorker
hardtop in sand beige and I looked for a car like that for some years. The
closest I got was a newly restored 67 convertible in gold. It was for sale
just around the corner in Hmaburg. Well restored, except somebody left some
sandpaper in the oil-sump which led to a rather rough running engine. We are
resttoring that currently. Things like that always happen in June, so that
the car is immobilized until November, just in time for winter storage.

In relative numbers 67 convertibles are common in Europe. I know of 4, two
of which are gold. That' a lot, considering that only 567 were built and
that so few US-cars are imported to Europe that they are not even counted
officially.