Re: IML: 53 imp

Arran: Agreed. A little more info re the model type would be helpful here. Currell
From: "A. Foster" <monkeypuzzle1@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: 53 imp
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:10:55 -0700

Currell;
It sounded to me, from the description, like they were spoked wheel covers
not spoked wheels, much like an 80's Caddy would have. I know the kind that
you mean, they were a special type of rim manufactured by the Motor Wheel
company sometimes incorrectly attributed to Kelsey Hayes. Again, not to run
down early 50's Imperials as I own one, but there isn't exactly a line up of
people waiting to buy one. Unfortunately many that do look at them as a Hemi
engine with scrap metal included.
Not to mention that still have my doubts about the actual mileage on this
car, unless it was only driven to church on Sundays it should have a lot
more then 18,000 miles. That equals about 350 miles on average per year, the
only other explanation should be that it was stowed away in which case the
owner should have the original tires kicking around someplace. Without
pictures one can't tell for sure whether it is original, a good restoration,
or a very amateur restoration all of which effects value.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.