RE: IML: torsion bar adjustment

Friends:
We have had reports of torsion bars snapping over the years on the IML.  One would want to make sure one's head and upper torso were well away from the bar should it snap.  Also, since the car tends to drop to the frame when the bar snaps so it is a good idea to make sure you have your car well supported with jackstands whenever you are adjusting a torsion bar.

Be safe out there.

RandalPark@xxxxxxx wrote:
I would be very curious to know why the car is sitting uneven in the first place. Usually this is casued by something other than an "adjustment". Since it is likely that the original adjustment made the car sit even, something may have deterorated to create this condition. Cranking on that bolt may cause further damage. I would highly suggest taking the car to a QUALIFIED front end shop to have it inspected, and possibly repaired professionally.

Paul W.