Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 7:39 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: Drum Puller on eBay

i have been told that the jc whitney tool is not great quality. for anyone
who has used a drum puller you know  how much abuse the tool must take. any
problems and the drum can be destroyed or you can be hurt. in the long run,
paying a little more for thr quality tool is much cheaper. i recently paid$
79.00 on ebay for a puller and was glad to get it. it is 40 years old but
still quite capable of doing the job.
i have never seen or used the jc whitney tool, so if it is a quality tool
then go for it. personally i find it hard to believe it can match the "old"
one at a price of $29.99. remember, a used brake drum averages about $100.00
and an injury to you or your car can cost alot more. i have pounded on these
pullers with small sledge hammers to
remove a drum, so keep that in mind when you purchase this tool.
dennis,  53 imperial, 54 windsor convertible.