Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 7:56 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: IML: 90 Imperial Radio

Hi,

There has been some talk about installing after-market stereos and the
resulting wiring issues. I thought of replacing the radio/cassette deck in
my '92 but decided not to, to avoid the problems some of you have been
experiencing. It is one decent sounding stereo as is. So, instead I invested
in a Dell MP3 portable player with 30 Gb hard drive and an FM transmitter. I
just play the MP3 player on random repeat, tune the Imperial's radio to
106.7 and listen to sweetest sounding, clearest music I have heard in a long
time. The player is capable of holding in excess of 100 hours of music and
will play 12 hours between charging, plenty of time for travel in the frozen
north. Total investment was less than $300 CAN and the car's stereo and
dash, etc. is unaltered.

Now, where is the program wire (dark green) that allows you to add a second
remote for the security system? It looks like I'll be under the dash,
anyway. Oh well!

Ross
92 Imperial
mrw.cs@xxxxxxx