IML: '55 brake problems- help

Title: Message
Hi all-

I have been working on getting my 1955 Imperial back on the road for the last 8 months.  Prior to that she sat in the previous owner's garage for 12 or 13 years.  I have done so much work getting her ready for the road but am now befuddle by a brake problem.

I installed new wheel cylinders (all 6) and new front and back flexible brake lines as well as new shoes.  But after bleeding the dry system (power, gravity and pressure) I cannot get all the air out of the lines.  On close inspection I found no leaks so I decided to take the master cylinder off tongiht.  Inside the brake booster I found a few ounces of brake fluid.

The questions I have are:

Where is the air coming from?  Is the booster bad?  Master cylinder?  Has anyone else ever experienced a similar problem?  I understand the system on the '55 is kind of proprietary and is more difficult to diagnose, so any insight advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Jim Poltrock
'55 sedan
39k