Re: IML: The Smell of an Imperial

--- Mark McDonald <tomswift@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have just been informed that this same scent is
> available as a men's cologne known as "Eau de Engel"
> and is available at fine department stores
> everywhere.

Of course, just to follow up on this with some
genuinely worthy Imperial content . . . My '71
Imperial had the same smell to it until I replaced the
carpet, so maybe that's where part of it comes from.
Oddly enough, my '71 and the '71 that my Grandmother
had for umpteen years never smelled alike.

I can also safely say that Newports have a different
smell to them.  My Mom's '67 Newport had a very
distinctive odor to it (not unpleasant at all, just
unique to that car) that I remember as a kid.

And my '70 Imperial still smells like a new car.  It's
amazing -- any time I open the door to show someone
the interior, that's their first comment.  I'm sure it
has something to do with the vinyl, fabric, and
leather combination.

Now, if the smell of gas just weren't so expensive...

Elijah

http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/
http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/bookshelf.htm
1965 Imperial LeBaron