RE: IML: Tired Threads

I whole heartedly agree with John. Two web-based automotive forums that I'm familiar with are mercedesshop.com and allpar.com. Both are great for following what you want and ignoring the rest and great for searching for past threads.

I'd vote for a move in that direction. Of course, I'm not a computer guru so I know not from whence I speak...

Jeff
'56 Sedan
Trenton, NJ

Threads such as the blinker-fluid joke become tiresome for some but not=20=

for others. In a web forum it would be a lot easier for people to=20
ignore things they don't like or aren't interested in than it is when=20
there are 10 emails about blinker fluid or stinky cars in the in box.=20
And the blinker-fluid enthusiasts could go on to their hearts' content.

This list is moderated nicely but by the time the moderators step in=20
people have already been annoyed and/or offended. And once an email is=20=

sent out it can't be recalled. So in cases where someone loses their=20
grip and sends out a really nasty remark it can't be pulled.

A fair number of folks drop out of the list because of the volume of=20
emails it generates. There is a digest mode but it's not very good for=20=

actually participating in a conversation.

A couple of forums I follow are at www.dealmac.com and=20
www.hyperscale.com. Both of them work quite well in terms of being able=20=

to follow and participate in discussions and they're both sensibly=20
moderated.

I'm just tossing this out; I hope it doesn't open a can of worms.

Best,
John Meyer
1965 Crown
Tucson