Re: IML: 61 Imperial - A/C inquiry

Back when those cars were new, Chrysler stated that about 67% of all Imperials were ordered with a/c. I think in one of the brochures (possibly 1962) it is broken down by model. You have to realize that many of the people who were buying Imperials new at that time had been driving cars since the 20's. Many of them didn't take things like that for granted in a luxury car. Even though they were well to do, many of them didn't want to spend an extra $500+ for it, even if it was a nice feature.

Paul W.