IML: popping push buttons cured

Thanks again for the suggestions.  I did get one of my spare buttons apart with out much trouble by sliding a thin screwdriver blade down the side releasing the punch in the chrome sleeve.  However, the suggestion to squeeze the tines in the housing did the trick and snugged the button up.  It no longer shoots the buttons out when changing gears. Thanks!

Richard Burgess
'60 Crown
'60 LeBaron