Re: IML: Where to get new brake lines for a '64?

Re: IML: Where to get new brake lines for a '64?

Measure how many linear feet each of your lines is.

Go to the local parts house, NOT a chain other than
maybe NAPA.

Get a line bending tool while there (or borrow one?),
and take one line with you to ensure that you get the
correct sized fittings on each end.

You will walk out with a straight tube and a tubing
bender.  You can then make what you need on the spot.

Not exactly the right length?  You can put additional
bends into the line to take up the slack.  It's REALLY
easy to do, very satisfying, and while you're at it,
you can do the other lines too!  If that one went, the
others can't be far behind, and the car is trying to
warn you.  Bending brake tubing is about a 1.3 on a
scale of 1-10, 10 being hardest - go try!!

This is how mine came out on my 1960:

http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1960/Kenyon/Page09.htm

-Kenyon

--- Rob Goodyear <rob1964cc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My '64 coupe is in need of new brake lines.  I have
> called Classictube and Inline.  Both companies do
> not
> have patterns for the '64-66 generation but can
> replicate using the original lines.  Can anyone
> recommend another vendor?
>
> Thanks.

> Yahoo! Music Unlimited
> http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/