Re: IML: imperial brake problem - 60-62

I don't remember what size I used.

I took a sample of what was in there to the parts store and matched it to generic stock.  Had to splice two lengths together to let the desired length, and plugged the hole that the rear used to go into in the brass distribution block.  I remember being more focused on the correct termination sizes than anything.

There are photos on my 1960 story on the website.  I also had to step down the outlets on the side of the MC as they were too large.

Car sits incomplete and the brakes have only been used on the driveway so far.  Worked great there.

-K

Duckie26626@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi to All;  I switched my 63 Southampton to a Dual Circuit Master Cylinder Last Year at the Beginning of the Summer season. I got a BAD one.  I didn't figure it out until I found a Puddle of Brake Fluid under it Last Month. The Rear Reservoir was nearly empty. It had Drained out the Back & Down the Front of the Power Booster.  I got Another Brand M/C & Will be Installing it Shortly. Question: Has Any one Replaced the Brake Line to the Rear Axle in a 60-62?  If So What Size line Did You Use ?   3/16 or 1/4?
Thanks & Happy Imperialing.
Dave V.

Kenyon Wills