RE: IML: maybe too much coffee this morning..

RE: IML: maybe too much coffee this morning..

That 62 AMT kit definitely was not to scale in the engine bay region. I agree that the long ram intake is the coolest thing under a hood. So this model falls under the "what if" category.

I guess if you want to get creative with the sheet metal, you may be able to shoe horn a set of these in an Imperial. Getting to the spark plugs presents a whole new set of challenges, since engine access at the driver's side is tough enough as it is without that intake style!

I'm glad you're getting your model tools out. Everyone needs to take a stab at plastic every now and then.
It's good for the soul.

Remember, the AMT re issue (under SMP) of the 57 Imperial is now available in 1/25th scale.
Then, if you feel like spending some $$, go to the modelhaus.com for some outstanding resin models of great cars that we will seldom see offered by the current kit manufacturers.

Also check out TKM models. They make resin kits, and they used to have one of a 69 Imperial; the only 69 Imperial I have ever seen in any scale. The kit is a bit rough, but with a lot of putty and patience it can be made to look quite decent.

Chris Middlebrook
1962 Custom Southampton