Re: IML: 58 Dash removal

Hi,
I've completly disassembled my '57 dash and i have as many infos as you want !! The two "fingers" are in the die-cast left part of the dash and molded in it. Ther's also a right part of dash (also die-cast) where you find the radio and the glove box . These two parts are bolted just at the right of the heater "finger". By the way you've also the "cover" or upper dash panel which is a thin steel part. This cover is also bolted (if i remember well) between the two front die-cast.
I have an extra cover and also the two doe-cast so i can take some pics of them. But not today, my wife has taken the camera and she doesn't come back before tomorrow !!
The '57 and '58 dash panel have another difference : the "holes" of the headlight switch and parking brake, i.e you can't use a '57 switch in a '58 dash, see pics sp4 and sp5 on this page http://www.ch300imp.com/sp_rem.htm

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F
Imperial 1957 Crown convertible
Buick 1996 Roadmaster wagon

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com
- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ch300imp.com