Re: IML: Boat lovers dream/ Question of the day off topic

Re: IML: Boat lovers dream/ Question of the day off topic

The dealer would not give me a letter stating his recollection of the car on the dealership letterhead as he feared that without any original documentation he might be called to task to prove his statement.  As he has destroyed the records for that time period he has no opportunity to provided "documentation" of this fact.  He merely pointed out to me the details of how he acquired the car for a customer of his.

When I made comment to the original owner - I anticipate that the car was originally registered as a Chrysler demonstrator vehicle and when I bought dealer demonstators I was also listed as the original purchaser/owner.  The person who purchased the car from Lyons Motors was therefore in my thought - the original owner - and at his death the ownership transferred to his daughter - and then to me.  At this point I would expect unless I can find some verification - it just makes a nice story.  I'll have to look at the car tonight & see if those tags are there.  Thanks for the input.

Regards Peter T.

Bill Watson <wwatson5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I sincerely doubt Chrysler Canada would be able to come up with anything as
their historical section was disbanded/destroyed twenty-some years ago.
Unfortunately, Mr. Ron Togham, former Chrysler Canada president, passed away
a few years ago. The only recourse may be to find some member of his
family who may remember this car. I would not put too much stock in the
dealer's claim if he is unwilling to come forth with any written
documentation. There are far too many people out there who "remember"
various facts about cars for the sole purpose of impressing others.

What I find interesting about the data tag under the hood is that the third
line from the bottom does not have "U" or "C", usually the third code from
the right. Also, there are no "X" or "Y" codes, which usually appear on the
top row.

Just forget what year they started it, but is there a sticker on the door
jamb of the driver's door, or on the the driver's door itself, with the
car's serial number? Check also for a small tag with a maple leaf and
"Canada Transport" on it.

How far back does the Motor Vehicle Department of the Province of Ontario
keep its records?

By the way, if you purchased this car from the original owner, it was not
Mr. Togham's car. If it was Mr. Togham's car, Chrysler Canada or Mr. Togham
would have been the original owner.

Bill
Vancouver, BC