RE: IML: PCV systems and other California smog trivia; Was: correct car

RE: IML: PCV systems and other California smog trivia; Was: correct carb for '67?

I wonder, though (and this is purely theoretical
hindsight) if the decreased performance caused by the
NOX setup actually caused more emissions?  I have been
installing electrical fans on most of my older cars,
and removing the water pump fan.  They warm up faster,
and are more efficient since the fan only runs at
idle.   Prolongs the life of the water pump, too.  I
wonder why they didn't do that instead?

> had to reach an overheat condition before the vacuum
> advance would start
> working.  That cause the car to feel very sluggish
> just about all the time,
> unless the drive was long or hard enough to get the
> thermal cutout to work,
> but that was pretty far up the temperature scale!

> If I'm not mistaken the only thing accomplished by
> the NOX device was to
> keep the ignition timing retarded until the engine
> reached normal operating
> temperature.  The purpose was supposedly to force
> the engine to warm up faster.

--Mike Pittinaro

"Forsake Inhibitions.
Pursue thy Dreams."