IML: Decoding the Mysterious '66 Coupe

OK let's talk about provenance. The first owner of my car, according
to the Certicard was Gaspare Adamo, owner of Adamo Seed Co. in
Vineland NJ, who bought the car on 12-30-65. The Certicard VIN is:
YM23J63169518, which matches the VIN on the dataplate in driver's the
door frame.  The line under the VIN reads: M9L BB1 T5 SG 1207. No
doubt that the "9" is a 9 in the trim code. However, the certicard's
Ones kinda look like capital i's, as in BBi (capital), but I believe
that is actually a 1.

The interior: while some may call it a split bench, to me the drivers
and passengers front seats look nearly identical in construction and
size, and are separated by a sizey center bolster. The dash,
particularly around the radio, as well as the front clip (glass
headlight covers with gold pinstripe detail all around the outside
edge) indicates to me that this is the '66 model year, as it is a one
year only design. Ditto the wheel covers.

The interior trim: the seats have center seat panels that are one inch
(ish) wide sewn ribs. The front seats have the bucket surrounds. There
are no button at all on the seats, front or back. The seats are gold
leather and vinyl, the carpet is also gold (some might call it a Light
Saddle) and matches all the way around: floor, front kick panels, rear
kick panels, bottom of the front of the back seat. The headliner,
visors, vinyl dash cover and metal dash window frame all of a dark
brownish, almost dark copper color.

The only issue seems to be the trim code, which uses the 1965 codes. I
dunno...but I love it anyway.

BTW, can someone tell me where these cars typically spring leaks in
the back? My trunk floods and there is alot of surface rust on the
underside of the 'tulip panel' (???), the removable panel between the
roof and the deck lid. Is the water getting in betweent the roof and
the chrome trim that surrounds the bottom of the roof?

Thanks.

--
Chris Lynch
Feinex Design House

"About half my designs are controlled fantasy, 15 percent are total
madness and the rest are bread-and-butter designs."  --Manolo Blahnik