RE: IML: PN for voltage regulator and Carburator.

RE: IML: PN for voltage regulator and Carburator.

Dave Thanks for the info,
 Im in NY and I never heard of a Schucks. Do you or anybody know where esle to get one. I'll do what you said and try installing it in the parking lot.

Thanks Dave

David Barker <dbarker534@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I replaced the little Holley on my 67 with the Edelbrock. I don't have the
model number handy, but there are a some autoparts chains that carry them.
Schucks comes to mind. I do know the one I put on is a 750 vs the Holley
which, I believe, was a 570cfm. But like someone on the list said quite a
while back, you can walk out of the parts store with a new edelbrock and
make the swap in the parking lot and drive away in a car running a whole lot
better. I got mine new in the box from a relative, but that is about what it
amounted to. Basically pulled the old one off dropped the new one on, made
sure the mixture screws were set by the instructions, and away it went.
Amazing. Actually, now that I think about it, I had to go to the hardware
store and by a few cents worth of washers and I can't remember what else. It
was fairly easy to figure out. The linkage for the old 3667 Holley didn't
quite mate up with the Edelbrock, but it was a fairly easy fix. Seems like I
used a long machine screw and a couple of washers on the carb side of the
throttle linkage to hook up with the car side. Don't know exactly what carb
you have but maybe it's different and will mate up better. The Holley
definitely wasn't worth messing with. I dumped a bunch of money into it to
have it professionally rebuilt and that was a waste.

Dave
67 Haze Green Sedan
Covington, WA