IML: Kenyon's trans

Hi list, after you have checked all of your adjustments , and you find little improvement,
I wonder if you have a slipping sprag clutch on the stator of the torque converter.
the symptoms are, alot of power applied to take off & not too much acceleration happening, about half as sluggish as usual
but as speed picks up the fault becomes less apparent, until up-shift to second gear and so on.
the stator has the job of redirecting oil flow ( angle ) at stall speed (stopped),
the one way clutch holds the stator until it gets up to coupling speed & can then freewheel as input & output are a similar speed.
there are no easy tests to prove the fault, it is usually a last resort to replace the converter as of corse trans removal is necessary
not a very common fault, in 25 years in the motor trade I have only come across it 3-4 times.
good luck.
Kiwi Pete in Oz.
58 crown coupe