RE: IML: Re:How much is a necessary cost?

I feel your pain. My costs are only a hundred or so for registration, $35 for inspection and another thousand give or take for insurance and sometimes I wonder if it's worth keeping mine going. One thing, I've seen pictures of your car, you don't use it as a daily driver, do you? It is the car that is a replica of a movie/tv car, isn't it? That car is pretty wild. You state those costs are for "common use", does Japan have any kind of restricted use category that you could utilize? Usually that is considerably cheaper. I'm sure you already looked into it, but it's worth a shot.

Rob

From: Yasushi Shiroi <bxn01303@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: Re:How much is a necessary cost?
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 11:39:11 +0900 (JST)

Hello everyone.

Thank you for telling much information.
I envy you who can maintain a car at a low cost.

Japan is the country which isn't kind to the old car.
There are some problems except for the auto tax to maintain a car in Japan.
A car for common use must take inspection in every two years.
About 1000 dollars are necessary at that time.
I take inspection every time, and I am maintaining the condition that my Imper
ial can run on the road.
Therefore, I can't raise the cost to repair a car beautifully...
Contents of inspection become strict recently, and I am afraid that the power
of the brake is weaker than the decided power.
It is difficult to get the old part of Chrysler in Japan.
I chose fixing the part of other companies at the time of the repair to mainta
in my car in Japan for a long time.
Therefore, I may not be able to say "I am maintaining Imperial." strictly.
Don't get angry, please.

I am using translation software because I am poor at English.
Forgive the slow reply which I write, please.

Yours sincerely .

Yasushi Shiroi
'58 Imperial Custom "Pointer"
BXN01303@xxxxxxxxxxx