  From: "Frederick Joslin"
  Subject: Re: IML: How much is a necessary cost?
  Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 08:31:42 -0500

  Yes there are restrictions. One I believe is that you cannot tow with
  a vehicle with an antique plate. There are others. I do not drive
  this car very much and I do not believe that the police are too
  worried about enforcing those restrictions anyway. Bigger fish to
  fry! I feel that it is very nice to have this option if you can use
  it and do not abuse it.

  Also I have insurance through State Farm tagged on with my other
  policies which runs about $8/month. This is for an Antique vehicle
  with limited use with no collision/comp which again is appropriate.
  My total non operating cost for this vehicle runs about $100/year
  (soon to be one tank full of gas!!!!!!!).

   This choice fit perfectly with my use of the car. Also, in
  Washington, you only need the rear plate for an antique vehicle which
  I think makes the car a little more aesthetically pleasing. I really
  love the front end of the Fuselage Imperials, especially the 69's and
  they look even better without the front licence plate (in my
  opinion).