Re: Insurance thoughts (was Re: IML: costs in Mississippi, and request f

Re: Insurance thoughts (was Re: IML: costs in Mississippi, and request for insurance specifics)

List, my 66 Imp & 67 300 cost $120 a year via J. C. Taylor, no limitations, a great deal!
------Original Message------
From: Diana Frey
Sent: May 12, 2006 9:26 AM
Subject: Re: Insurance thoughts (was Re: IML: costs in Mississippi, and request for insurance specifics)

We used to cover our old car "fleet" with our primary insurance through Allstate.  It was expensive and very minimal coverage, besides strict rules on miles driven, etc.  A couple years back our agent suggested we move the cars to Hagerty; MUCH lower premiums, higher coverages, and no limitations that I am aware of.  We did have to send them photos of each car (digital).  We have our 37 & 40 Plymouths, the 65 Imperial LeBaron & the  69 Newport Convertible all covered for right around $220/year.

Diana
Cincinnati, Ohio

Clint and Laurie Carter <imperialschooner@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

	Michael, and others~

	When we bought our '65 Crown Coupe we insured it with State Farm. I was
	thrilled, because like Fred, the premium for an antique car was super low.
	Then the State Farm folks got the pictures of the car and decided it wasn't
	an antique, just old and the premium went up to $1300/year. Part of their
	reasoning was that the engine compartment was dirty and had not been
	repainted! Also, the car had not been restored. As I recall, State Farm did
	not have restrictions on storage or use, although there may have been a
	mileage cap.

	We were not happy campers and have not renewed the State Farm insurance. I
	would not recommend State Farm as I feel their definition of antique is
	screwy.

	Laurie Carter
	Ilwaco, WA USA
	'65 Crown Coupe...his