IML: Better insurance coverage for less money!

IML: Better insurance coverage for less money!

Thought I'd mention a recent experience with my collector car insurance.  Up until a few months ago, I had my small (but growing) car collection insured with Hagerty.  Prior to that, Grundy held the policy.  I switched from Grundy because they did not want to insure a newer car in the fleet, my '85 Toronado (that was not a daily driver, but at that time was not considered 'old enough' for collector car insurance).  Hagerty did not want to insure the '05 Magnum RT as a collector car or even what some other insurance agencies refer to as an 'exhibition vehicle'.  So, Russell contacted J.C. Taylor.  They were more than willing to insure it that way (since it is not driven regularly but merely exercised like the rest of the collector cars).  During the course of the switch, our insurance agent's associate contacted us to say they had 'a better idea'.  Apparently they did some checking and an older, established company, Safeco, was not only offering collector car insurance, but their coverage was BETTER than J.C. Taylor's for LESS money!  They also were very EASY to work with, whereas our agent stated J.C. Taylor had not been.  The coverage was considerably better and the savings was nothing to dismiss either.  So, it was a 'no-brainer to move the insurance policy to Safeco.  I've not had any claims with them so I cannot say how they might be in that regard.  It's worth looking into though as our agent has said nothing but good things about his company's experiences with Safeco.

Greg McDonnell
'65 Crown convertible and others...