Re: IML: odd vaccum-related behavior (82 Imperial)

Re: IML: odd vaccum-related behavior (82 Imperial)

I have had this problem with other cars before.  There is a vacuum leak somewhere.  It is true that under wide open throttle the vacuum drops.  That is why there are vacuum storage cannisters usually located under the hood and I agree it could also be a check valve problem.  As far as your emissions go probably not.  Usually a vacuum leak will cause a lean condition and from what you said before you have a rich condition.  That said, it is worth finding the vacuum problem because it can effect how the car runs.